Gifts for Baby Showers - Fun, Thoughtful & Creative Ideas
When you're looking for gifts for baby showers, you can always buy
something off of the registry - and since your friend picked it out, you
have the added bonus that you know it's something they'll both need and
appreciate! But if you're looking for unique gifts that are both fun
and thoughtful, let this list of creative baby gift ideas inspire you.
Image credit: stockimages from FreeDigitalPhotos.net
You know the feeling... it's always more satisfying to give your friends
and family gifts that you know they will use and appreciate - and it's
even better when everyone else at the baby shower is excited by your
Gifts for Baby Showers For Anyone
- Splish Splash Gift Basket: A reusable cloth swim diaper,
a cute sunhat with a wide brim (preferably made with SPF fabric) and a
large umbrella, a hooded towel, and a cute Rubber Ducky, all tucked in a
colorful beach tote
- Clean Up Travel Kit for Sticky Hands: A bib with sleeves, travel wetbag, and soft facecloths for washing up sticky hands
- The Emergency Changing Kit: Perfect for in the car for
those unexpected emergencies or when you forget the diaper bag (it
happens to the best of us!), stock a small tote bag or a lidded
Rubbermaid box with a package of wipes (the boxes tend to dry out
quicker than the cellophane packages with a sticky seal), a change pad,
an extra onesie or sleeper, and some extra diapers. Add a garbage bag, a
water bottle, and a couple of dry wash cloths - even cloth diapering
parents will appreciate this as a back-up!
Gifts for Baby Showers For Those Using Cloth Diapers
If you know your friend is planning to use cloth diapers, be sure to ask
to find out which brand she prefers and whether she has registered for
her cloth diapers. Some new parents will appreciate if you buy one or
more cloth diapers for them to help them build up their stash. Add some
matching Baby Legs, and you've got a cute and practical gift.
Diaper bags are often a personal preference, but if you want to splurge
and know your friend's style, check out our list of suggestions for cloth-diaper-friendly designer diaper bags.
If you are in doubt, a gift certificate to a favorite cloth diaper
retailer is always appreciated - it's probably best if you choose a
retailer that carries the brand(s) your friend plans to use!
Here are some more ideas for gifts for baby showers for cloth-diapering parents:
- Good Night, Sleep Tight Basket: night-time diaper inserts, a teddy bear, a cuddly blanket, a bedtime story book (some of our favorites were Pajama Time!
by Sandra Boynton and I Love You Through And Through
by Caroline Jayne Church) and a night-light
- Cloth Diaper Laundry Accessories: pack a laundry basket with a box or jug of cloth diaper detergent (be sure to check out our recommended brands), wool dryer balls,
clothes pins, a bar of Sunlight soap, and a deodorizer patch for the
diaper pail. Add a diaper sprayer to make cloth diaper clean-up even
- Cloth Diapers on the Go: pack a washable change pad,
cloth wipes, and a small wetbag into a larger zippered wetbag. Try a
tote or hobo wetbag for added uniqueness and style!
- The Back-up Stash: even if they plan to use pocket or
all-in-one diapers, many parents will appreciate the simplicity of some
extra unbleached prefolds and a wrap or wool cover. For your own
personal touch, add a set of Baby Legs or a cute onesie!
- Practical Potty Training: It doesn't take long for baby
to turn to toddler - and most parents can't WAIT to get their baby out
of diapers, no matter how cute their diapers may be! If you know one of
those parents who just wants to be done with diapers before they even
start, try an enticing gift basket with cloth training pants, a wet bag,
and a portable toilet seat or other potty-training accessories, plus a
potty-training book or story for baby.
- Cloth Diaper Savings Plan: Remind her how much money she'll save using cloth diapers with a green piggy bank!
Gifts for Baby Showers for the Green-Minded Mom
If your friend is environmentally conscious, we've got some great gift ideas for you!
Changing Diapers: A Hip Mom's Guide to Modern Cloth Diapering: A great way to introduce cloth diapers to new parents, this book by cloth diaper expert Kelly Wels is the definitive guide to everything you need to know (and forgot to ask) about cloth diapering
- Easy Laundry: Buy a gift certificate for a week (or more) of diaper service
when baby first arrives - no one wants to do laundry, and parents who
aren't sure about cloth diapers may discover that it's not that hard!
- A single cloth diaper plus the inserts, and a teddy bear in mini cloth diaper
- A package of eco-friendly liquid laundry detergent
- Flip or gDiaper inserts - these come in an eco-friendly flushable/biodegradable option, and reusable cloth versions, too.
Gifts for Baby Showers - Under $30
Looking for something small for a coworker or acquaintance, or a little
something personal to add to the gift you already bought from your
friend's baby registry? Here are a few ideas:
- A single cloth diaper plus the inserts
- A zippered wet bag - if you know how to sew, you can save a few more dollars when you follow our instructions to make a zippered wet bag
- A swim diaper - read more on cloth swim diapers here
- Gift certificate to a favorite cloth diaper retailer
Are you hosting a baby shower or diaper party?
A diaper cake makes a show-stopping centerpiece for your table, and is a
great way to help build a friend's cloth diaper stash. We've got an
easy-to-follow photo tutorial for a cloth diaper cake so you can build one in an hour or less!
Disclosure: The opinions expressed in this post are entirely my own, and
your experience with the product may differ from mine. I only recommend
products or services I use
personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this
in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255:
“Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in
Advertising.” For more information, see our Disclaimer and Copyright.
Return to the top of Gifts for Baby Showers
Go back to Fun with Cloth Diapers.
Return to Thinking About Cloth Diapers homepage.